St. Peter’s Primary School
The teaching and learning experience at St. Peter’s inspires all of our children to question, to reflect and to understand in a happy, secure and inclusive environment.
We aim to provide an education that will maximise each child’s potential and promote
his / her personal development.
We will achieve this in partnership with the parents and the local and wider community.
St. Peter’s Primary School is committed to the promotion of Catholic values as guiding principles for life and learning.
For our children, we aim to:
- Fully develop their academic potential
- Promote high achievement through recognising and developing their physical, creative, social, cultural and spiritual skills
- Enable them to become independent thinkers, problem solvers and decision makers
- Develop self-confidence and self esteem
- Equip them with knowledge and skills to use in the world in which they live and work
- Encourage a healthy lifestyle
- Develop a caring, compassionate and tolerant attitude compatible with our Catholic ethos
- Encourage respect for others, irrespective of race, colour, religion, gender or ability
In order to maintain the best possible learning environment, the School will:
- Provide a broad and balanced curriculum, sensitive to the needs of individuals
- Employ a variety of teaching and learning strategies
- Provide a range of resources and learning experiences
- Acknowledge achievement and behaviour and celebrate success
- Provide and encourage staff professional development
- Encourage teachers to be reflective and evaluative practitioners
- Employ new technologies to enhance teaching and learning
In recognising the role of the school within the community, we will endeavour to:
- Work with the local parish community to support the education of children
- Maximise learning opportunities in the immediate environment and beyond
- Develop partnerships with other schools and organisations
- Encourage parents as partners in the teaching and learning process